1. Smyrna – The defending state champion Eagles return the lethal QB/HB combination of senior #2, Nolan Henderson (University of Delaware commit) and 2015 Mr. Delaware junior #25, Will Knight. Along with a slew of talented skill positions that will make Smyrna a very tough game for any opponent.
2. Middletown – With key returning starters, junior HB #3 Kedrick Whitehead, senior SE #6 Anthony Delpercio & senior SE #7 Ken Edelin coming back, the Cavaliers expect to be in the thick of the Flight A race with state title aspirations.
3. Concord – The Raiders return STUD LB/HB senior #11 Avery Roberts who is committed to The University of Nebraska and his younger brother junior SS/HB #6 Grahm Roberts. Also returning senior WR #15, Gerald Hill and junior RB #31 Brandon Dennis. With this amount of experience and talent coming back, the Raiders look to get back into the playoffs after missing out last season.
4. Salesianum – Losing a ton of leadership to graduation and last seasons Divison I title game, the Sal’s, unlike most schools have the talent to avoid rebuilding and simply reload. They return senior SE/DB #7, Michael Drake, senior LB #8, Josh Patrick, senior LB #33, Bill Stradley, senior OL/DL #59, Zeb Wright, senior OL #71, Randy Sinnott. Junior QB #15, Zack Gwynn will be at the helm after gaining valuable playing time filling in for last year’s starting QB after injury. With plenty of talent and experience to help 2016’s run at a state title, Salesianum will be one of the last teams standing.
5. William Penn – The Colonial’s have University of Virginia commit, senior #1 Zach Burton whose making the switch from WR to QB looking to lead his team to the playoffs. Also returning senior DB #13 Isaiah Gaynor and senior LB #55, Charles Hope. State champs in 2014 Burton & Co. are hoping for a memorable 2016.
6. Cape Henlopen – Looking to improve after finishing 4th in the tough Henlopen North Conference, the Viking’s return a full talented backfield with junior RB #11, Rasheed Woods, senior RB #36, Raiquan Mosley and junior FB #42, Kolbi Wright.
7. Sussex Tech – Finished 2nd in the Henlopen North behind state champion Smyrna. Looking for a return and a better showing in the 2016 state playoffs after losing to Middletown 42-7. The Raven’s bring back senior RB #5, Griffin Dunn and fellow senior RB #35, Jordon Walters.
8. Sussex Central – After finishing 3rd in the Henlopen North and making the state tournament, the Knight’s look to build on winning five out of their last six games in 2015. Returning senior RB #7, Fulton Holland, senior QB #10, Drew Morris, and talented senior OL #72 Myles Vernet provide a good foundation for 2016.
9. Mount Pleasant – After a surprising 2015 state tournament birth the Green Knights return dual-threat senior QB #7 JaShawn Johnson. Behind him is junior RB #25, Nyair Small and on defense, senior LB #4, Sean Carroll & senior DL #56, Sam Mousley are all hoping for similar outcomes in 2016.
10. Appoquinimink – After some tough losses in 2015, the Jaguars have a strong nucleus of returning players on both sides of the ball that make 2016 a much more hopeful year. Could be the most improved team in the state.
Send this to friend